The organization was established primarily to facilitate the development of alliances among groups which in turn will allow for the participation in different activities intended to foster familial relationships and exchange of cultural mores among different communities. This will be achieved through visits and exchanges to other states and cities in the United States and Canada. Trips are planned to Lancaster, PA, New York City, NY; Lake George, NY and Toronto, Canada on an annual basis. We will plan and execute these sort of exchanges regularly, to allow our constituents opportunities to experience and explore outside of Massachusetts.
2017 Planned Activities (and ongoing)
1. First weekend in June, the Association will conduct its annual trip to the Sight & Sound Theater in Lancaster, PA. (Culture & Education)
2. In July, a fundraising shopping trip to New York City. (bus trip)
3. In August a picnic/cookout for the neighborhood children. (Almond Park, Mattapan)
4. Labor Day an annual trip to Toronto, Canada, where we will be hosted by our Canadian friends; socialize and play games. (bus trip)
5. October we will host our Canadians friends in Boston for a Domino Tournament (and other games)
6. Also in October we will conduct an annual awards banquet to recognize participation and contributions to the work of the Association in the community.